1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dome Light Flicker?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

07 Silverado 2500 Classic. Noticing a flickering or "pulsing" if you will in the dome lights. Alternator? Any experience in this?

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I have the same problem also.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Had that years back on a older truck, when it rained, door switch getting wet, don't know if that helps?
    with the newer truck's

4. mrplow69

mrplow69 Junior Member
    from canada

Sounds like the voltage regulator in the alternator

5. snerdy

snerdy Member

Me too in a 2010. dealer says truck searches for voltage placement or some crap, I had 2 alternators, a battery and the ECM changed, and it still does it!

6. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I had that problem recently as well. Took the alternator to get tested and it tested out perfectly fine. I set my truck up to run dual batteries (theres a Sticky here with the write up) and upgraded the alternator charging cable and no more flicker! I would think if anything just upgrading that alternator charging cable would help. I am a die hard GM fan and all, but idk what the hell they were thinking with this one, the factory alternator cable is like 8 gauge wire....leave that an add another piece of 2 or 4 gauge wire right from the alternator to the positive terminal on the battery. Also wouldnt hurt to check all of your grounds while you're at it.