1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dollar General

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Any of you guys do work for Dollar General?

They called us last year when there plow guy didnt show up.
    Now this year we sign them up.

Just wanted to know who all had them

2. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

We do lawn work for them. They pay on time but can be pretty cheap sometime. I think it all really matters with what store you are dealing with. The stores down in my area are owned an maintained by an outside firm that i guess leases to Dollar General. The DG store manager at our store is really nice but always asking us to do more. I don't blame her because it is things that we should be doing. It took me 2 years to convince them they needed mulch. Also, the owner of the building never wants any chemical treatments, therefor the yard is about half weeds and half grass. But like i said, they pay on time and it is rather profitable for me. The owner mindset is just "the more you charge, the less i will make" so he is a little stingy on anything extra. However, we subbed this lot out for snowplowing and there have never been any issues with the plowing. Good luck and let me know how it works out.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Who is the mangerment company? Is it Byzantine?

The DG in town here Im dealing with Dollar General Corpation its self.

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I tried to sign a DG for Snow and salt, but they didn't want to pay for the work......so I moved on......