1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dollar General

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frostysnow, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

Just curious if any of you guys do any Dollar General Store. There is one going up in our town and i was asked to bid on snow removal, but i dont have a plow. Im just wishing:( :cool: (I have the lawn maintence contract for next summer) But i was just curious to see what u guys charge for other Dollar General stores. I know alot of variable exsist but like i said, just curious.

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

one of the biggest factors, besides the size of the lot. is location. so how big is the lot. and where in ohio are you because there is a wide price range even across this one state.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a truck with a plow as you know they pay every 30 days so you know that you can make money off them through the winter and continue through the lawn season if you don't want to buy a plow than sub it out to keep the account. you can still make a little money with a sub. Good luck

4. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

lorentzlawnsnow hey i cant seem to get my PM to work. Give me a call on my cell if you can. I want to discuss this DG store. I am in your area.

5. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

419-571-2325

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would buy a truck for plowing or a plow for your truck. One thing commercial's want is a full service provider. Its less work for them and more work (money) for you. Well I shouldn't say that there are many places that do bid out both lawn and snow contracts. I wouldn't buy a truck just for one lot though but it may be another door opening in your business.

7. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

dj is right if you sub it out you make some money and you dont have to do a dang thing. easy money.

8. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

frosty, you can't pm til you have like 30 days and 25 messages i think. you can email me at lorentzlawn@aol.com or you can call my cell 419-571-2696 if you have any questions.