1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Doing some work on my 6.0

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Nov 8, 2008.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my brakes lines are rusted my oil lines gotta be changed and i need an idler pulley and 2 belts gotta be changed total cost 800.00 :gunsfiring::gunsfiring::gunsfiring::
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The brake lines take some time one those I have done a few total replacement jobs. Pain bending all those 1/4 in lines. They usually rot out at ebcm. Make sure to use the coated they last 20 times longer then reg steel lines.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Before you open that first beer crawl under it and spray them down with some oil....I do it all the time no rust....
  4. PLOWMAN45

yeah eureka film the whole underneath
  5. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

spray the brake lines with pb blaster then change the lines, then fluid film the lines after your done. as far as everything else, easy to do just time consuming.
  6. PLOWMAN45

chevy should put stainless steel lines in i mean saturn was doing it on there cars when they came out