1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

doing some reserch!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Apr 14, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have discovered that i want to upgrade to a vee next year, going to stick with boss again. i was looking on bosses website and according to the information the 8'2 vee is only 90 lbs heavier that my 7'6 SD. could i get away with the vee? keep in mind all my accounts are with in a 3 mile radius, and comes off after every storm! what do you guys think? my truck only goes down 1/4 inch now.

2. the new boss 92

88-98 body style, 1500 with 2500 upgrades!

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like a lot of plow for a 1/2 ton, but you might be OK given the close proximity of your accounts. The weight might not be much more, but V plows usually hang further out in front of the vehicle, giving them more leverage to push down on the front axle. What kind of "2500 upgrades" have you done?

4. the new boss 92

t-bars, control arms, steering components , ball joints, rear leafs. there are a few more odds and ends but those are the main. i know a lot of trucks out there are over weight with the plow attached, thats why i looked at only 90 lbs more couldn't be that much.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm one to overdo it myself. The main thing I would be concerned with is brake wear, and most of all front hubs. The SD is already heavier than recommended.

6. jryden145

jryden145 Member

We have a 99 chevy 3500 srw that has a 7'6'' boss v with wings. The truck has plowed 4 or 5 years and the frame is cracked in 4 spots. So I guess if you are really gentle with truck while plowing and you weld the proper gussets into place you might be alright, but I wouldn't do it if it was my truck.

J

7. the new boss 92

the breaks on the front are upgraded with slotted and ceramic pads sense i tow a lot in the summer with out trailer breaks. well i'm still looking into it, im going to take the truck to a truck scale and weight it as suggested in another post i made. im trying to stay under 14% over weight, if not then I'm going to do wings and stuff on mine and go thought it and do a bunch of accessories to make it bigger.