1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Doing brakes on 05 Dodge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Easy, May 2, 2009.

1. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I am going to do a 4 wheel brake job on my 2005 Ram 2500 4X4. Are there any things such as "special" tools, pitfalls, or other problems I need to look forward to?
    I have done brakes on smaller vehicles in the past, but nothing 4 wheel drive.
    Any help or advise would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Don

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I hope you have the repair manual for the truck. It will have the instructions and cautions on the job. Plus you have pictures and procedures that need to be followed. They should be about $15 at AutoZone or Advance. A bigger library / main branch may have the repair manuals you can look at. They may be in the basement and you have to have them pulled up. Try to do one side of an axle at a time. So you can use the other (still assembled side) for an example.I buy the best brakes because they have a life time guarantee. Keep the receipt filed away, you may need it. Most part store computer systems only keep the records for 3 years.