1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Doing 100+ mph with plow going around a corner

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dfdsuperduty, Dec 12, 2009.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Good title huh..... well my speedo also says I am doing 100 mph while sitting still in a 06 F250 with the 6.0 anyone have any idea what might be wrong its been all over the place since the cold snap on thursday????

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Speed sensor in the rear end?

3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Cant help ya, but the title was catchy!

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

x2. That be the first place I'd start

5. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I thought we had a good video coming!

6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

darn you fooled me.. tricky son of a b lol wish I could help

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

take that damn banks stuff off it for starters...LOL

seems like the rear diff sensor as well to me.

8. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

lol, i was hoping for a kick a.. story and video myself, title tricked me also.. lol anyway sounds like a speed sensor issue, if i ever have a issue with any of my fords i have always gone to the ford truck enthusiasts site first, there are some good techs that frequent that site often with great advice, here's a thread to help you > http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/tags/speedometer.html hope it helps

9. Matts Kitty

Matts Kitty Junior Member
    from Vermont

Could be the instrument cluster. I have the same problem. Trying to ignore it and hope it doesn't affect the transmission shift.

10. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

check the instrument cluster for ground . I bet its grounding threw your speedo.

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

My 07 did the same thing. My tach was messed up too. They replaced the instrument cluster and if was fixed. I have had it act up again durring a big snow fall and cold spell last winter. If fixed itself in a few days so I must have had ice build up on a sensor.

, shaun

12. dfdsuperduty

it started during the last cold spell we had where the high was about 11 degree's for the high

13. littlenick

littlenick Member
    from OH

My fuel gauge is been acting up since it has gotten cold... i drive a 2001 F-250... any ideas?

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, i was thinking that it could be something electrical that is causing the fords to act up when it gets cold out? Just a thought...

Thanks,

Nick

14. dfdsuperduty

what the hell nick you need to come up with your own catchy title for a thread like drove 780 miles on a 1/8th of a tank ha ha just bustin your balls :drinkup::D

15. littlenick

littlenick Member
    from OH

haha no my fuel gauge is going the other way, on one tank (38 gal) im getting around 200 miles :dizzy:

16. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Sounds like ya just got a heavy foot!