1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dogg Won't Drop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BruceK, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BruceK

BruceK Senior Member

I have a 3 year old VX. Been pushing heavy wet snow all afternoon and suddenly blade won't drop. I have a night's worth of customers to go. S1B is activating but blade only drops 1/4 inch or so. It will lift after that.
    I don't have an extra valve here. Is there something I can do to get through the night?

Thinking I need may have dirt in the seat, but if there is do I need to drain system and fill with fresh or has something deteriorated inside?

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Lift ram most likely needs replacement. Packing material deteriorates clogging valve or makes the ram very sticky or both.

I would loosen hose on the lift ram and see if it goes down like normal (watch your feet). If it goes down your valve will have a black/gray gunk on it. Clean it the best you can and see how long it will last (hopefully the rest of the night).

If it doesn't go down or does slowly your kinda screwed till morning.

Either way see the dealer in the morning have the lift ram replaced and hydro system cleaned out. If it is a decent dealer they should make a call and see if it would be covered by the warranty even though the time period is up. Snow dogg has been really good on taking care of their customers.

3. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

I know this is late but if i were stuck in your position ive push the plow into a pile, let the chain have enough slack to drop the blade to the ground and drive around with it down and when you leave the account drive it back up a pile and short chain it.

I know it seems ridiculous but whatever it takes works and that would

4. BruceK

BruceK Senior Member

Thanks, I have done that in a pinch before. Ended up using my backup truck to get through the night.