1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"DOGG" the tool bag plow driver gets canned LOL...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ducaticorse, Feb 22, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

So what if he enjoys it? The next driver is gonna do the same damn thing because there is no where else to put the snow. I laughed at the video, and I believe he shouldn't have been fired for plowing the cars in. Taking the video while driving? Maybe, but since when can someone be fired for enjoying their job?
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

where is the thread that was started yesterday on this topic? looks like the mods took it down? i don't understand why? there was a good dialogue with points being made on each side - some in support, some against... everyone was civil. i guess difference of opinion is no longer tolerated here? oh well.....

but then again i can't understand why half the threads taken down are removed in the first place?

this one will likely be gone soon too...
  4. nixray

nixray Senior Member

I thought twps had parking restrictions in place for this exact reason?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since plow trucks and driveways were invented,snow will be pushed back into the driveway.
  6. ducaticorse

from we

The problem is he represents a company that isn't his own, then like an idiot, went public with his episodes. So, there in lies the problem. Sure have we all had a moment where were like "that dude isn't getting out till spring" with a little chuckle, but this guy went way to far. He was showing off, bragging, and not at all acting like a professional. C-ya-lata-Kehd........
  7. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Where is the viral video?
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Watch as the next driver peels those cars open like a can opener...
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's only illegal if you get caught.
  10. ducaticorse

from we

Exactly. And this idiot took his guilty little pleasure public because he just couldn't help himself. Now he is reaping exactly what he sowed...
  11. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

The fact is there was a parking ban in effect and those cars shouldn't have been there to begin with. How is he supposed to do his job and not plow the cars in. It's not like he's going out of his way to plow people in, it's incidental to doing his job. I know that the Public Works guys in my town love watching mailboxes get crushed and go flying when they're plowing...so should we fire them all?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Sad day.....
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm surprised at how many people have come out in defense of that d-bag. "He's just doing his job...", "He enjoyed his job, what's so bad about that?". How about doing your job while not acting like an idiot?

Not one of us could go up to our customers and talk to them the way he did. I'm glad he got fired.
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:laughing: Exactly!

I thought he would get in trouble. I still laugh every time I watch the video. Poor Dogg.
  15. ducaticorse

from we

You have entirely missed the point..... This is solely about professionalism or rather lack thereof. And zero to do about a mythical parking ban in his specific area.
  16. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

He may be an idiot but the fact is he was doing his job as instructed with no reports of any damages. Now that hes fired he can stay home eat bon bons and collect welfare.......all for doing his job.
  17. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

The parking ban isn't a mith...would like a copy of it? It's readily available. If they violate a parking ban they deserve to get plowed in!!!! Maybe it will teach them a lesson. His language needs some cleaning up though.

I stopped at my rental yard yesterday as I was passing by and was talking to the manager. He was telling me that a local contractor was using one of their loaders to push back piles for a town and residents were giving the guy all kinds of grief and threatening him for dumping snow on their lawns. So they'd rather have piles blocking sight lines than some snow on their lawn, which by the way isn't really their lawn, it's town property adjoining the road. I've had people throw their shovels at me for refusing to service their driveways. The bottom line is that most people are self-centered a-holes and have no idea what it takes to keep the roads open and show little to no appreciation for those he bust their butts doing so...all they do is whine and moan...it's all me, me, me.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  18. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

he didnt go out of his way to plow anyone in...they were collateral damage from him doing his job..there was a parking ban in effect so i guess the car owners have to reap what they sow as well.

as a matter of fact there was a thread here not to long ago about a guy in CT going out of his way to plow a car in, and by in i mean front sides and back because someone left there car in a place he didnt think it should be and nearly everyone who posted said he was right for doing it,,what makes this guy any differant ?????
  19. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

These days if you get caught on camera doing something that people are strongly opinionated against your in trouble one way or another. Yes it was his job. He made it public with the video. His boss caught wind of it and even if he was right I'm sure his boss had to answer to someone else and it wasn't morally correct and someone had to pay the price.
  20. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree, I used to get people complaining while I was shelving the roads, dirty looks the whole nine. Watching the video I'd have to say he's a pretty good driver and there was no need for terminating him, repremand yes, termination no.