1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DOG Wanted...My Truck Not Listed?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by johnnysnok, Oct 30, 2014.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

I really like the new VMD for 1/2 ton trucks, but my 2008 F-150 XLT 5.4 motor 5 1/2 bed does not show up as being compatible?

Can anyone tell me why or why not this will not fit my truck?
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Too heavy for your truck. VMD is a 700# plus plow and guessing you don't have the "heavy duty" version of the F150. What is your FAWR?
  3. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

i ran a meyers 7.5 straight blade for over 18 years on my old truck which was a 1999 f-150 and i even attached wings on it. i know it weighed well over 800lbs.

Could it also be electronic steering issues??

Old truck is below with the Meyers.

image (Large).jpg
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Best guess, if fails to met the FVMSSA 105 brake certification with the mount, or exceeds the manufacturers gross weight rating with the plow installed.

Not unless you installed it aftermarket, electric power steering didn't appear until the 2011 model.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just buy it cash and carry. Order the mount for your truck, then the wiring and plow. That's what I did for my truck.
  6. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a Snowdogg fan, but I wouldn't put a 700 pound plow on an F150. Meyer's 7'6" V weighs more than a hundred pounds less, and on your truck with your FAWR, I'd try to save a few pounds everywhere you can.