1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dog tired or Dog aZ lazy?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lomers, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Lomers

Lomers Junior Member

Bought a 1990 F-150 the other day. It is 10 times better than my Chevy. Granted it is 17 years newer too, hehe. I love the truck. It only has 79,978 miles on it. Can you imagine?

Anyways, i love the truck. It drives well when under NO load or anything. I have ZERO complaints about that. When i drive around town with my trailer hitched up it does fine, but when on the free way i am fighting to get above 55 or so.

I have changed everything i can think of to date. New fuses, oils, filters, gaskets, screens, and so forth. Granted, i have NOT changed the wires and plugs yet, but was waiting for more $$$ to fall my way.

Any tips or thoughts on this?
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Member

Stay off the freeway...

Just kidding. Is it gas or diesel?
  3. Lomers

Lomers Junior Member

gas. And congrats Kirby on the name change. Or should we even call you kirby still? hehe
  4. Skookum

Skookum Member

Sounds like a 302 with wrong final gear ratio or too big of tires.

Is it all stock? 4x4? lift kit? anything like that?