1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Doesnt go all the way up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mycirus, Dec 22, 2010.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

So I was out plowing at 3 in the morning the other day and the plow wouldnt go all the way. Sometimes it would be just 2 inches off the ground. Since its 4 years old and came with the truck I am not sure if its ever had a fluid change and thought that would fix it. So brought it into Martys and dropped it off at 8. Had to run an errand, came back at 930, they hadnt touched it yet. Went to the mall, came back, Hadnt touched it. Finally the got it in at 1230 and he says the manifold is gone. He couldnt get the adjustment screw to turn. Its a 700 dollar part. So he tried the fluid change cause I was sure it would be nasty (it was) but it didnt fix it. So he is ordering the valve manifold and its getting overnighted. 3 inches forecasted tonight so I went and got my spare truck from my brother just in case, he is forecasted to get nothing so he should be good. I just hope that fixes it. If they tell me it needs a motor I am not paying for that. Just frustrating. Hopefully that fixes it.

2. wva

wva Member

try them little blue pills haha:waving::waving:

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well they replaced it and got it working. It took all my profits from the 1st storm but at least the plow will work well for the season and make me more money.