1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does your truck look any different after snow season

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hardwoodcd, Mar 14, 2012.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I take my wheels/tires off as well as the fender flares for the snow season. Once I clean the truck up and put everything back on for the summer........I pretty much park it!!!!!! Whats everyones trucks look like when they aren't pushin?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

yeah more rusty haha

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My truck looks the same in the Summer and the Winter, the only difference is the plow.

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not farmiliar with how flares mount, do they leave holes all through your panels? Or do they attach in the wheel wells and the other "bolts" are for show?

5. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

you nailed it. mount in the wheel well and the other stainless is just for show.

6. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

dude , you say you remove the flares too ? any unsitely holes on them there fenders after remission ?
    nice wheel

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

My truck gains about 10 pounds over the winter!

8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Summer...back rack off, tool box sits on aluminum square.
    Stock wheels and tires off and summer ones on.
    Extra box of tools and misc come out.

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Change winter rubber back to summer rubber, permanent mounted strobe lights come offer, company magnets come off

10. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

lets see it Matt. What, nobody has any pics or what? Lets see em with the summer shoes people.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Winter season:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Summer season (before the visor):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Nice Mark. what up with the blacked out headlight in the pullin pic? Thanks for posting some pics!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The headlight is out, my air intake is behind it. One pin and unplug both headlights and it's out, takes a total of about 10 seconds.

14. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Plow and sandbox removed

15. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow that is a lot of truck to plow with. I couldn't imagine having to do some of my driveways with that. Looks like a well maintained rig though. I always liked that style front end on the Chevys.

16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I love your truck Mark. It's wicked sharp looking.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It took some getting used to for size compared to my old truck. Driveways or small parking lots can get interesting pretty quickly. A couple of the driveways I do are about the same length as my truck.

Thanks, I try to keep it looking good. Should look better once I get the new tires on it.

18. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

^^^^^ That adds like 20hp on a Chevy... bet you dodge guys didn't know that did ya!

Mark, glad that visor looks better on your truck than it did on mine!

19. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

My good truck is the only one that really gets a makeover in the summer. Becomes the company bid/ showoff truck (the few days it spends clean... frickin black.

She gets different wheels and tires, looses some of the extra garbage that is on it in the winter. CB whip, mars light, etc.

The other trucks shed the plows and v-boxes and they are back to work.

I will have to get some pics up of the before and after.