1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does western make a plow mount for this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelawnteam1, Jan 7, 2013.

1. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

If they did they would still put a unimount frame on it.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Call Adams. They have a trailer and shed with untold amount of old mounts and set ups in the back and am sure they could fit you up with a 9 or 10 foot blade.
    The Western quick search site will not allow for a N7000 but I punched in F700 and it requires a custom mount.

Adams is in Mchenry as well so you could even go in there an talk to em they may even have a used plow on the side.
  4. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

I planned on it if I didn't get any other answers from here. the mount on my 150 is welded to the frame, but since this is going to have a much heavier plow on it, and actually doing commercial, not resi's I want this done the right way. I've never plowed stick, so this will be interesting next year (that is if we ever get any snow around here :cry:)
  5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

It's gonna need a custom mount anyways. Once you really go over one ton you start needing a custom mount, with a few exceptions(F450, F550, etc)
  6. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

u can mount anything to a truck with a welder and some knowledge just do not weld to the truck frame
  7. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

10 or 11' blade on that would be ideal. Once you plow with a COE, you won't want to go back to a regular truck again. The agility of them is amazing, especially with a shorter WB truck.

That will be a nice setup with a blade and spreader. Honestly, I would look at getting a DOT surplus blade from a southern state auction, you can get them on average $500-1000 all day long. Fab up a mount, use the hydraulics on the truck and add your controls, and you are ready to roll.