1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does this work?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Elite_Maint, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

I have a 7.6' Western pro. i'm wondering if i get another western plow will it mount on my truck?? or is there a different mount for different plows?
  2. Elite_Maint

Can this plow fit with my mount? obviously wiring might have to be modified.[​IMG]
  3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Depends on if you have a Uni mount and want to put on a ultra mount. If you are going to ultra to ulra just make sure they both have the same wiring on them ie: 2 plugs or 3 plugs and should be ok.
    EDIT: now I see you picture you will need new wiring and controller IF you switched froma straight blade to that. Also is the other one a uni mount too? If not you will need to run the Uni to Ultra conversion kit as well. This plow also is a lot heavier than your 7.6' and may be too heavy for a 1/2 ton truck.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  4. Elite_Maint

Thanks, The wiring part i know i might have to change something i was just wondering if another unimount can fit on my truck.. if the MVP is to heavy for my truck what's the biggest straight blade i can put?
  5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Im pretty sure all unimounts hook up the same so it would just come down to wiring like you said. An MVP is Kind of heavy for a 1500, but the older unimount plows are not as heavy as the newer ultramount versions. The 7'6" plow you have now is pretty much the biggest plow anyone would recommend for your truck. With that said, i have seen guys put 8ft westerns, 800lb 7'6" Boss V plows, and 7'6" Boss Super duty trip edge plows that weigh close to 900lbs on Ram 1500s and they worked fine.

Have you considered putting wings on your plow to make it bigger?
  6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

As Jt said, I would just put wings on what you have. 1/2 ton trucks just aren't made to put those V plows on. The advantage of putting wings on what you have is the wings form more of a scoop, and will cut down on your plow time. If you just put an 8 foot straight blade on you loose the scoop and although you will cover more area, over your 7 1/2 foot you won't move as much snow as you would with wings.
  7. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

They have unimount to ultramount adapters
  8. Elite_Maint

thanks for the help guys. Can any of you guys tell me where i can get wings for the plow?
  9. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I have an 8.5 MVP on a bronco I added Heavy springs to it and Im planing to add Timbrens But the springs hold it ok. the pics are with no balist.