1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does this sound right?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BRAAAP, Nov 27, 2006.

BRAAAP Senior Member

Bought a a used 7 1/2 26 sno way from a guy and went to get the mount for my truck a today and they said around 600 bucks:dizzy: . Does this sound right? I only paid 200 for the plow. What do u think
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

About right. Maybe a little high, but I'd still expect $4-500 for an install. But that's if I buy the plow from them. That's why I always tell people to check out stuff like this BEFORE they buy anything. What you pay for the plow itself doesn't have anything to do with what it takes to install it.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would agree with Mick. Did the price include the mount and installation or just the mount? Is the plow that you purchased a MT or 26 series? If a 26 you got a shweet deal in my opinion as that model was introduced in 2005.

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks for the replys. 600 was just the mount me putting it on and they were going to charge me shipping. Ya they didn't even know wat the plow was they told me 26 or a MT but as u said 26 came out in 05 and i know the plow is 3 yrs old bc it the old style hook uo 3pt. And its going on and 02 ram 1500. thanks for the help
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

2 hundred dollars? :redbounce

If you spent 6 for the mount and 2 for the plow you got 8 hundred in one heck of a set up you still got a heck of a deal.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

My mount for my Ford was $575....probably about right but I guess I dont know much about Sno-Way equipment.:rolleyes: