1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does this sound like a good first rig

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dodge250, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dodge250

dodge250 Junior Member

1989 250 Dodge Power Ram 4x4 truck w/ 8.5' plow. 42,500 original miles, 360 w/ 3 psd auto. New tires and fuel pump, dana 60 and 70 axles. plow moves up, down, left, and right on toggle switch. Has lights on the mount with signals and flasher on top of the cab. previously owned by the department of interior, in good shape, have clean and clear title, runs and drives great!

only problems stated fuel gauge dosent work and temp and olny leak is rear diff asked about plow has no idea on brand stated a few names and said meyer so its up in the air

2. dodge250

dodge250 Junior Member

the bade is red and the pump looks red western?
    [​IMG]

3. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Personally I wouldn't chance it. It is one old unit. It may eat you alive piece by piece, unless you're basically paying nothing for it.

4. dodge250

dodge250 Junior Member

about 800 less for the plow & truck setup then you payed for ur plow no disrespect love the pic i have two shepards

5. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

No disrespect taken, if you feel it is a solid and reliable truck and plow then get it. You could flip it and make some money.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Get it for cheap and run it, but it is a good plow rig. That's a Meyer plow painted red.

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Everybody starts somewhere. I use to have a Meyer with the toggle switch's long ago. only problem I had was the solenoids next to the pump. If it works now and you buy, I would suggest a real good service and new fluid.

If you make your money back this year and it still works you are ahead of the game.

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

You cant kill those old Dodge's. I had a 84 and I'm pretty sure it would still be running today if I hadn't sold it. Sounds like a good investment to me. ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! pay cash up front (no loan) for vehicles and eventually you will work up to nicer/newer ones.

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i would go for it if price is right, low miles thats good. youll probably need new sending units. make sure you check the floors and the front drip rail on top of the cab theyre notorious for getting soft. is it a ball joint or mini king pin front axle? seems like alot of plow for a srw.