1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does this price sound good

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by familylawn, Feb 11, 2005.

1. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

Just got a deal i think on a 2000 F550 12ft dump body with 10ft vbox sander and a plow. Not sure size or make of plow but truck has 7.3 diesel and only has 14200 miles on it. He is offering to sell it all to me for $35000. Does that sound like a good price. thanks

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Sounds steep to me for a 2000. But that may just be me.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Note the mileage though, thats as close to a new truck as you will find on the used market. Why is he selling?

Find out what brand and size the stuff is, and get a quote from the dealership on a new truck with those options (DON'T tell them you aren't buying it or they won't help!) and get the same quotes on the plow and sander.

That will tell you what a new one is worth for comparison. Personally, I'm not one for the whole 'age vs value' thing. I base it more on condition. Also remember that the newer ones are having transmission issues, not to mention the 6L diesel troubles that may still be surfacing... you may be better off with the 2000 if the price is right!

4. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

thanks for the replies. He is selling cause lots a lot of his snow accounts and only used the truck for snow. He said he paid $45000 for the truck $5000 for the spreader and $4500 for the plow. But that is what he said.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Prices he told you sound about right. For new stuff.

Depending on shape and mechanical I would offer 27,500 and see what he says. If you ain't good at checking out used stuff have a mechanic you trust do it before you lay out money.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would be surprised if he paid $45,000 for the truck in 2000. I looked at a brand new 2005 and it was $54,000 Canadian and thats $44,000 to $45,000 US.

7. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

Just ordered a extended cab F550 and am waiting for it to come in. $46,000 Cab and Chassis this truck will be $60,000 when all my toys are on it. If you dont buy this truck will you please notify me of the seller? I think it is a good deal.