1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does the X Blade use different Hydraulics than HD?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Jan 27, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The reason I ask is because this past weekend I had to take my buddie's truck to my house and his plow was still mounted on it. He has an 8' HD MM2. I raised the plow and it seemed really slow. So I angled it a bit and moved the hydraulics since it was cold out but it still was really slow. This is all in comparison to my X blade, which is MUCH faster. My Xblade really isn't much slower than the Boss we have at work, so I wasn't sure if the Xblade has different hydraulics or there is something wrong with my buddies plow?

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Does your truck have a joystick controller? And did his have a Fishstick? That can make a world of difference in speed

3. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

His plow could be adjusted to move slower. My blade is adjusted to move slower than the blade on my work truck.... I don't like the way it slams down from the factory setting.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Both have fishsticks, and no I'm not talking about drop speed. I'm talking about lift and angle.

5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Drop speed is a lil screw on top of the resiovoir. Easy to adjust. One flat head screw driver and just pcik you drop speed

6. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I know my plow is faster and snaps when it stop with a Joy Stick on it. It could also be a dirty filter. The filter is on the pick up tube. So if its a bit clogged it would slow down the action