1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does the strobe controller make noise?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Yamahaluv, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Yamahaluv

Yamahaluv Junior Member

Does the strobe controllers make noise when they are installed in the truck?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Mine doesn't at least, the powerpack for the hideaways does, but not much at all and can only be heard when truck isn't moving, windows up, and radio and all fans off, so, nothing to even pay attention to!
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have had them on both of my trucks, the ext cab you can't hear them. The power pack is under the rear seat. My 01 was a reg cab and the power pack was screwed to the back of the cab behind the seat and you could hear a slight whining sound from the reg cab. Not real bad but you could hear it.

Regards Mike
  4. Yamahaluv

Yamahaluv Junior Member

I have the ext cab, so sounds like im in the clear. Thanks guys
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Mine regular strobe interferes with my AM radio allot. lets me know it's on!:dizzy:
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Your missing a ground to the control unit.

Lamps and units do make noise.
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

No...I am not. I said regular strobe... Suction cup on the roof and a lighter plug.

+12v on the center pin
    Ground on the outside

No ground / no work;)