1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does the Iso affect power to the joystick?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wing 97, Dec 28, 2008.

1. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

After hours screwing with I searched through old threads and found out how to bypass power to the red wire with yellow stripe and got power back to my controller and everything works. I have checked all fuses, grounds, and for obvious bad wires. The plow is a 2001 mm1 that was reinstalled on a 2007 3500 Duramax. The only thing I can come up with it is the ISO module. But I really don't know if it even operates the plow at all or if it is just for the lighting. If it does can I try the module from my 2004 mm2?

2. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

I am still struggling with this one anyone have an idea? Thanks!

3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

mine comes from a switched source out of the fuse box i have no iso modual. from what i've been reading it sounds like they come off the relay. go to fishers site they have all the diagrams

4. searay220

searay220 Member

I don't believe the module has any effect on the controller. My set up has a red wire coming out of the harness a short distance from the fish stick plug. That wire taps power under the dash and runs to port #1 of the module. The power to my fish stick is tapped off the upper battery lug on the relay. That red wire runs into the harness and to the fish stick.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming this is a 4 port Iso system....

The controller gets it power THROUGH the Iso module. If you have power going in on the red wire on pin C (port 1#)....but do not have it coming out on the red wire on pin D (also in port #1) then you have an Iso issue.

6. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

Thanks for the replies guys. The ISO module I have is a three port. The only way I can get power to the controller is by jumping to the red wire with yellow stripe. Is there a way of testing this module with a test light to see if it is my problem? I would have tried the one from my other truck but it is a four port. By the way I did look at mechanics version of the fisher manual. The flow chart says check 10 amp fuse if good do parking lights work? If yes check module with a fisher ISO module tester which I don't have. I have yet to find a 10 amp fuse in my harness just two other in harness fuses (25 and 20?) that check out OK but this might not be the exact version of what I have. Thanks again

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok so its a three port..

Use a test light and check for power going into the Iso on the "F" pin, and power coming out on pin "C". Both these pins are in the "B" port. If you have power in but not out then you likey have an iso issue.

8. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

Thank you B&B. With your help I was able to find the problem. It was not the ISO but the directions you gave to diagnose it led me to the problem. After finding I had no power going into the ISO or coming out I was able to follow the power wires to, you guessed it the dual 10 amp fuses in which one was burned out. I missed checking these because unlike the other inline fuses they aren't marked "FUSE" on the outside and just appeared to be an extra power plug. I know it's a poor excuse but it's all I have. Thanks again!