1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does The House Size Play a Factor?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Oct 30, 2001.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey,

When you guys go out and price out jobs, does the size of the house play a factor? I recently bid on a 1500 ft by 15' wide paved drive way, leading to a 45 X 60 "vacation house". I must say, I didn't give any on my price, and I probably bid 60 dollars higher than normal. Am I the only one?

Geoff

2. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

that's a smart business man ...allways aware of his surroundings and how to convert that to more$
    did you get the account?
    dan

3. GeoffD

Yea,

The neighbor with the private estate, highly recomended us. They have 1 trucks on site to do the job. There is that much plowing and salting there.

Geoff

4. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

good for you geoff, how many more accounts can you take on this year before you are overloaded?
    dan

5. GeoffD

a few more, not many.

Geoff

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I do not really do that on a per house basis. I do know that I can charge more in certain neighnorhoods then others. I target these high end neighborhoos first but I never refuse a chance to give an estimate to any possible customer.

I live in a upper middle class area. This and the zoning laws common here mean most houses have large or long driveways. This is to my adnatage.