1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does Snowex have a website?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nick858, Dec 28, 2007.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Does Snowex have a website?
  2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

3. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thats the one I was on too. I was looking for a dealer near me, but after talking to the people on that website, they are the distributor near Chicago. Snowex does have dealers dont they? I would like to take a look at the unit before just ordering online, and I certainly cant drive to Chicago to look.
    thanks for the reply
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Nick
    Snowex the company doesn't have a web site. I know its crazy but they don't. They are based out of Michigan just north of Detroit. I will try to find there number for you so they can tell you who sells them. Why don't you post a message to anybody in the same state as you. Chance's are someone here on plowsite near you has a snowex. Are you looking for a tailgate spreader or a bigger Vbox like snowex 6000 or 8000?

Good Luck Mike
  5. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was looking for some info on the 7500 and the 8000. Looks like they are priced pretty much the same, I wondered what the difference is? We would mainly be spreading sand too, so I wanted to know if and how well these electric units spread bulk sand. Thanks for the replies guys...
  6. I don't think you would have a problem with sand. Although you might be better off with the 7500 or the 8500 both which have a full length auger. A customer of mine just got the 7500 and love it but when we load him with Magic he needs to hold a piece of plywood because our bucket is longer than the spreader. The 8500 solves that problem but is more $$$. They are great units. The 8000 is an angled unit inside and uses 2 vibrators with a shorter auger. They have stopped making this unit I believe.
  7. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was leaning toward the 7500 anyway. Do you prefer the auger over the conveyors?
  8. Seems like less to break..
  9. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

I have 2 - 8500 units love them....spread 80% sand and 20% salt mix...with no problem
    The only thing is to wath the sand you are getting..make sure it doesnt have a lot of silt in it ...then you wont have to run the vibrator as much....as far as the units i would trade them for anything...love the electric power and the easy working unit!!! very simple and well built!
    Hope this helps
  10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I believe the phone number for Snow-Ex is 1-800-salters. I have called them a few times on my problems & very helpful each time.
  11. dirt-devil

dirt-devil Junior Member

snowex parts breakdown

where can one get a parts breakdown i live in canada
  12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1075 and a SP8000. Just bought the 8000 today.
  13. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

which model, dirt devil?

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I have and 8500 and it kicks ass. Best spreader ever
  15. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

16. mnconst

mnconst Member
    from indiana

i have the sp 8000 and hated it bought a new ss westeren
  17. timberseal