1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does Pump Have to Sit Level?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jkmola, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Jkmola

Jkmola Junior Member

Total newbie here. Stopped to look at some axles for my Jeep, and ended up buying a complete Western conventional setup with a 7.5 blade and a joystick controller. There is some cutting and welding and patching going on. I had to do some fab work on the mount, but got it up. However, the pump does not sit level, but at maybe a 20 degree angle tipped forward. I'm kinda thinking (after the fact, one of my habits) that it should be more level. Am I right? Should it be more vertical? I ask because to be able to insert the cables into the pump, they end up with a curve that makes them stick up about 18 inches above the hood of the truck before coming back down into the grill. Any tips or tricks?

2. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Does it work? i mean does the plow work because if it does then you should have no problems just make sure that it is filled up with fluid.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The pump should sit angled forward. The cable needs to be routed with at least 6" radius bends.

4. Jkmola

Jkmola Junior Member

I'm not sure if it works yet or not. Supposedly, it was rebuilt over this last winter but I haven't had it hooked up yet - I'm just getting to that point. But glad to hear that it's supposed to lean forward, one less thing for me to worry about! Now I just have to worry about routing the cables, wiring the lights, patching some holes, etc, etc. Thanks!

James