1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does plowing make you fatter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maxwell, Nov 9, 2005.

1. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

gee whiz you sit on your ass for days on end eating fast food.. i gained 20 pounds last year. my partner is fat anyways so you couldnt tell on him - anyone else turn into a fatass in the winter
  2. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

You should get out of the truck and shovel a little. Get a standard as well. Pushing in the cluth a couple million times in a season does wonders for the left leg. I walk in circles by March becuase my left leg is so built!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When your pounding down k.k. donuts all winter and the only exercise you get is your thumb working the plow control you start to get a little fat :nod: Thats why i only use walk behinds during the summer i need to get ready for the winter.
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Made me fatter!!!

LOL ,Sure did put a few pounds on sitting in the cab all winter.
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

LOL, it's not the plowing it's the eating! Besides that we should all buy stock in coffee beans! Between the plowing money, and the dividens from our coffee stockwe'll all be doing alright! :p
  6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

The only thing that plowing has made fatter on me is my wallet. payup
  7. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I sell Ag chemicals in the summers. We deliver directly to the farmer, so I see a tremendous amount of seat time from April thru August anyway. Then I get a break for about 3 months then start plowing. My wife and I spend a lot of time at the gym to keep the weight off. She is much more successful than I am. Of course, her being a Weight Watchers leader helps her also. I just havn't folded to her pressure completely yet. I still enjoy a beer once and a while. What hurt me the most was quiting chewing last Feb 8th. I packed on 25 lbs in about 3 months. I thought that I was going to explode. Little by little it is coming off again.
  8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I don't bring junk food. I feel like crap after eating it and getting pounded around in the truck

fruit and bottled water for me. not even coffee as it makes want to pee all the time.