1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does no salt = changing your service aggreement?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by elite1msmith, Aug 11, 2008.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

so he is some thought , i have been tossing around with a few people

this really doesnt apply to zero tolerance contracts,

but to those that only plow/salt with more than 1 or 2 inches

are you considering telling your customers that they sould not let the snow sit, and allowed to freeze?

with the cost of salt going up, and if you can get it at all.......

those events that normally, you might just salt...... Will you now be plowing , inorder to use less salt after?

will you be plowing with 3/4 inch, just to remove the majority of it? or Pre treating using a different product, to keep your bulk in supply?

if you will be making slight changes, how to charge? you do you plow the lot for free, and change for a normal application of salt?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since I'm seasonal I will plow anything over 2 inches anything under it's by my choice .If you want salt it's extra.
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im just really thinking , that one some of those "salting only events" that i may end up plowing just to conserve the salt
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

since d irty jersey last season got near zilch... i ran into this a couple times. It snowed and sleeted, enough to build up MORE than just some salt was going to handle. Twice we had to plow just to clean up and get it moved off prior to salting or else it would have needed a ton of salt.

Our contracts were 2"+ for plowing, but if plowing is required to remove accumulated build up after the storm. The 2" rule mainly is for when we can start plowing each time during the snowfall, not after the storm is done.