1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does my estimate sound right? Plz Help....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ybnorml, Oct 21, 2004.

1. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

I'm new this year and I have an estimate to give for an Advance Auto Parts store. It is in my town. The entire store needs plowing and salting. I measured it and the lot is about 7500 sq. ft. 3 places to pile snow. No real obstacles (just curbs of course). I was figuring $50 for 2"-6", $75 for 6"-9", and $100 9"-12".

As for the salting. It looks like I can definitely do it with 100#'s of rock salt, and came up with $50 to salt (applied). What do you think? Am I in the "ball-park"? Any advice is appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

1996 F-250--8' Hiniker

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Sounds pretty close to me, without seeing it first hand.

3. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Pricing

SOUNDS A TAD LOW TO ME, BASED ON WHAT I'VE MADE/ BEEN TOLD OTHERS CHARGE.

DEF. LOW ON THE SALT END, JUST MY 2 CENTS THOUGH...

nOT SURE HOW THE PA. MARKET IS FOR SNOW SERVICES...

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

From others I have talked to, the PA is a bit lower than other areas, like my area (D.C. / Baltimore). I guess it depends on where in PA.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I just bid an Advance Auto Parts. They just want plowing done. I do not bid by the square ft. I figure how long it will take me and apply my hourly rate. I figured it would take me 30 mins. tops. So I bid it at $75.00 and got it. :waving:

6. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

Thanks for the replies. The way I came up with the salting price is I took how much salt it will take and times it by 4. The salt will cost me about $10 = $40. So I thought $50 sounded OK. Wow The Boss, I'm surprised they don't want salting done. They told me they need it salted always for there liability. Maybe I'll add a few more for salting. I know the manager there and he'll honestly tell me if it's high.

Thanks again!!!!