1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does my 04 HD2500 Fisher fit NBS 07 HD2500 ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

I was told by a Fisher guy that the push plates & wire harness need to be updated.

But my repair garage says the push plates will fit, they will just stick out forward a few inches extra. and the wire harness needs to be a new one ...

While I'm asking - How about the new 2011 Chevy Frame 2500 HD with my old 04 set up ... ?

Thanks ...

I think this forum has more info than any other one I ever found - good job guys

2. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

Do it right

you should replace the plates with the right ones,even a few inches further out will put more strain on the front axle.its a brand new truck dont mickey mouse it. you have to change the wiring. I did mine, for the plates,wire harness and a 3 plug module my cost was $600.00 for an 09 2500hd.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

04 and 07 are excatly the same plates!!!!!!!!!!!! # 7169
    They stick out further on the 99 to 02 wich called for 7161 that are now obsolete. Who ever told u misinformed u.
    The only thing u need to change from the 04 to07.5 is the headlight wiring. I have no clue on th 2011.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where did you get a complete truckside (less controller) for $600?

5. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

I never said complete truck side

what i said was i got the h/l harness a 3 port module and the frame plates for $600.00 from the contractor i plow for. he`s an authorized fisher dealer and sells to his subs at cost. my plug connectors were in mint condition so they didnt need replacing and i also replaced the solenoid new. and i got a 6 mos old mm2 8 footer for $2k in the spring thru the same guy from another sub that didnt want to plow anymore. just have to look for deals.as for the plates from my 01 they wouldnt fit my 09. i didnt know they changed from 01 to 04 but they did change for 07 nbs and up years. as for a 2011 truck i dont know,id ask a fisher dealer to be sure.

brad96z28
    04 and 07 are excatly the same plates!!!!!!!!!!!! # 7169
    They stick out further on the 99 to 02 wich called for 7161 that are now obsolete. Who ever told u misinformed u.
    The only thing u need to change from the 04 to07.5 is the headlight wiring. I have no clue on th 2011
    i was referring to the nbs not the old

6. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

GM didn't change the frame specs from the Classic to NBS trucks (2007 changeover). You can use the same undercarriage mounts, and the same wiring harness; but you'll need a new headlight adapter.

Sounds like the dealer is 1: trying to make a useless (to you) sale, and 2: doesn't want to mess with switching things over from one truck to another.

The frame on the 2011+ trucks is different, so you'll need new undercarriage mounts. The wiring harnesses are universal for each plow company, with special adapters for the many types of headlight plug styles that different manufacturers use.