1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does Meyer make Hi-way?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brookline, Jan 11, 2010.

1. brookline

brookline Senior Member

I just picked up a used Hi-way Model P vbox it says Meyer on the side. Should I look at meyer partss or is this just someone putting a decal on the side?

2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Not sure on that one as Meyer doesn't make there own spreaders Swenson does.

3. LON

LON Senior Member

4. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Ok. I checked their website and it is just a cover page... You can't navigate it. I am trying to get a parts list and manual and how/where to get the parts from.

5. LON

LON Senior Member

I have an old parts manual at the shop. What is it you are looking for? THere are some parts that interchange with my Henderson FSP line and I can tell you that the Henderson parts are much easier on the pocket book.

6. brookline

brookline Senior Member

I need all new bearings, a chain from the motor to the gearbox, a gearbox cover a chain from the gearbox to the sspinner shaft, and the wholer spinner assembly shaft sprockets and all

7. LON

LON Senior Member

8. LON

LON Senior Member

questions for ya

9. brookline

brookline Senior Member

the idler end has what looks like an eyebolt I assume to adjust tension on the drag chain.
    I'm not sure on the cover as it was completly missing along with thespinner assembly. I believe the cover is a 4 bolt. The chute seems to be very long. It is less tham a foot off the ground when it is in my truck. Thank you for all of your help.

10. LON

LON Senior Member

Here are some parts I've seen interchange between Hi-Way & Henderson
    Part numbers are Henderson part numbers
    51862 - output shaft bearing, 1-1/8" 2-bolt flange
    11114 - input shaft bearing, 1" 2-bolt flange
    51867 - spinner shaft bearing, 3/4" 2-bolt pillow block
    61324 - spinner shaft, 3/4" x 36"
    51864 - spinner sprocket
    51883 - 3/16" key
    110237 - 13" poly spinner
    Gearbox should be a Durst
    If the cover is missing I wonder why it was off. Is the bronze gearin good shaope?

Falling asleep. I'll answer more ?'s tomorrow.

Lon

11. brookline

brookline Senior Member

it's been sitting for 2 years. Everything has a good amount of rust on them. I'm sure I will find out more parts that I need as I delve deeper into it. But I figure it's worth a shot beings I got it for next to nothing $100