1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does it snow in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by restoguy, Aug 23, 2006.

1. restoguy

restoguy Junior Member

OK, ok, I know it snows in colorado. I'm new to this site and even newer to plowing. I have a few questions for the fine members here. I'm going to be in CO this winter, most likely Denver, and I am interested in doing some plowing. How many of you guys work out there? Is it worth my time to try to find some equipment? I know this is kind of asking about the bread on your table, but...... I've got a '94 K2500 diesel that I'd like to put a plow and spreader on and do some sub-contracting but I'm interested in imput from guys in the area. I'm a cable TV contractor in the warm months, but usually the biz slows down through the cooler part of the year. I'm looking for something to put my truck and time to work that's better than cable. I was quite shocked at the cost of the equipment when I started checking. Now I wonder if it's worth spending that much money. How much might I expcet to make in a season? Does it pay off? Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

what i would do if i were you is pick up a nice used 7.5-8 footer western meyers fisher blizzard boss(who cares what kind really) but i would plow this year make some money and then next year once you get the hang of things go out and buy a salter...

this is what i would do if i was in ur shoes but i dunno up to u really