1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does GM offer a Standard Trans Truck option ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

( Not a Hydro-matic / Automatic ... )

In either a 1500, 2500 or 3500 ?

Special order ?

Last year offered ?

Why ?

:confused:

2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Not anymore. Don't know why other than guessing that it was not a popular way to build a truck. I know they did have some issues with the transmissions in the last few years they made them though.

3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i researched this a bit wanting to find a duramax with a manual...GOOD LUCK! according to wikipedia and other places (not the best but a decent source) GM stopped U.S. production of manual/standard transmissions in 2006 (even then I think it was an order-only option). It went on to say that they still built manuals outside the US until 2008...after that probably not...

Reasons: due to significant progress in automatic transmission technology (i.e. the allison) there really wasn't a need for a manual transmission. Plus I think they just want to take out all the fun...

That all being said...If you find a crew cab short box duramax with a manual/standard tranny, let me know!

4. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Ford is the same way, and Dodge is only available with a standard in CC models, I think it sucks, we tow with our CCs every day and 5/6 speeds are the way to go. I think they should bring them back with Eaton/Spicer offerings.