1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does fluid film prevent dirt from sticking?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by RCAV8TER, Apr 15, 2011.

RCAV8TER Junior Member

I have read all of the great uses for this product. But will it keep dirt from sticking to excavator buckets and dozer blades?
    Would FF attack the rubber tracks if i were to coat the undercarriage?
    How long would i need to let it soak in to be effective?
    I was digging in some wet clay with a 4' ditching bucket and had to stop frequently to dig out the bucket due to so much biuld up :realmad:
    Would this also be good to coat our dump trucks with to keep the quarry slurry and mud from sticking?
    Would FF be good to spray on the inside of the dump truck boxes to prevent hot asphalt from sticking?
    Thanks for any input!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i've never run any form of heavy equipment so i can't give too much help i'm afraid :( i can say that a quick spray of ff on a spade shovel most def reduces having to clean the surface of the shovel while digging even in muddy conditions.

i know i sprayed ff on the rims of a trailer last year and no matter how filthy they got the dirt wiped right off. that would lead me to believe if you coated the dump box it would help minimize sticking but i'm not sure how often it would need to be re-applied.

i have no honest idea or opinion if it would help with asphalt. i'm sure there's someone out there with better answers, just try to be patient :)
  3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

The hot asphalt is going to burn right through the product. It won't work for that application.
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm an excavator also--never tried it as an anti-caking agent on buckets for dirt/mud,like I do for snow on a plow,but it would seem to me that just after a little use the clay would start building up again because of the composition of dirt and the physics involved.

Your best bet for your bodies is a poly liner,one that works for asphalt and gumbo.There's many companies that offer it.Do a search,easy.
  5. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

I put some on my lawn tractor. It collected grass debri. Have not attempted to was off yet.