1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does Fisher have a V blade for 06 2500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by scholzee, Aug 22, 2006.

1. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

local dealers say the V is too have for a truck with a Diesel engine ??
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

A V blade will in most cases push the front GVW over 62% of it's rating. That's why Fisher will not install the blade for you. Add timbrins and install it yourself.

It will be fine, lots of guys her do it.
  4. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I entered the info and no V blade would come up for me.

Drive Train:

Body Style:
    Ext Cab

Dual Rear Wheels:

Box Option:
    8.0 Box

6.6L D

Minimum FGAWR:

Minimum RGAWR:

Minimum GVWR:

Headlamp Style:

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My advice is to enter in the gas 6.0 engine and use that kit. Add Timbrins before the install.
  6. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Thats the problem 2 dealers by me will not install the plow when their computer system will not allow it. It would have to be a cash and carry deal and the are not warrenty freindly because they did not install it. i would have to prove it was installed properly and they would need to get approval before working on it. Looks like a non dealer installed plow will be a hassle.
  7. LON

LON Senior Member

YEP! It is a liability insurance issue. I know of 3 places that use to put plows on anything. Note that I said use to. They each ended up in court after an accident and once the 1 million dollar insurance policy was tapped out they had to close and sell the business to make up any or all the difference. At my place, if it isn't in the e-match system you don't even get in a cash and carry (it's all about prior knowledge).
  8. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Thanks for the dealers point of view on the subject, my fault for not researching the trucks capabiliteis better before buying.
  9. LON

LON Senior Member

Can't tell you how many people stop in here and want a plow on their truck 'cause the salesperson told them it could have one on it :realmad: . With internet access at most all dearlership's all that needs done is for the salesperson to log onto www.fisherplows.com and go to the e-match start-up, this is available to everyone and requires no dealer login. You can go over all the possibilities before even ordering the truck. May take an extra few minutes but is well worth the time spent. If it is a used truck you are looking at you can see what FGWAR is needed for the plow your looking for.
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

in all the fisher vids and ads, they show X-Blades, EZ-Vs, AND XTremeVs on 2500HDs...
  11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Because they are probably gassers, not diesel. Gas jobs are lighter in the front end, allowing more weight for a heavier plow.