1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does everyone know what time it is?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

PLOW TIME!!!
    4" dry, drifted snow came to me last nite. I swear, taking your plow off really does the trick! Worked every single time! Remind me to try this next winter! woo-hoo time to plow boys. I'll try to get pics to make ya'll envious :waving:

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

The part we all hate most:

snow3.jpg

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

4 inches seems like nothing compared to the 2 feet we got last week.

5. djh

djh Junior Member

We've gotten so little snow in Milwaukee, 4 inches would be a blessing!! I can't believe I've only been out twice the entire season!

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I think you need a better cutting edge.

Geoff

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Yea, that plow doesnt seem to be scraping to well.

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

It's gravel. Don't want it in the yard. Actually that part is part of the yard. Well grass grows there it's half gravel. They use it for parking and turning around when backing out of the garage.
    djh, I sympathize. I'd trade the snow we are getting for some green grass if you want to work something out email me ;) :D

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

It may be gravel, However the bottom line isn't cleaning to the surface very well. I will honestly say the plow needs to be stiffined up, forget the v-plow, make it a straight blade that angles, make the mount stronger, and but a better edge on it. You will not be able to make a v-plow for that mower strong enough to perform well enough to work outside of your own door yard. Let alone trying to take 10" of wet heavy snow.

Geoff

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YEA ITS SNOWIN'..........In Hannibal NY. I haven't plowed
    since the 15th !......Took the blade off the other day now
    its blastin' white gold ! Sure glad that ultra-mount goes
    on in a flash ! Time to go make $$$$$$ after NASCAR !
    ...............geo

11. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

I think you need to get a Valkie for that thing too..LOL

Did a walk behind that we pulled the deck off for the winter and attached the blade. Customer also has a quick mount for a wheelbarrel attachment. Got rid of the deck weight and shortend the thing up for turning and loading.

Thanks for the picts. Hope you get some more snow.
    Jerre

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Geoff, figured out my problem is (well already knew just was avoiding it) is that the rubber edge isn't stiff enough or I just left too much sticking down so it just fold under the plow and makes it ride up over alot of areas. So I will either:
    A. make only a little stick below the blade
    B. put on a stiffer rubber/plastic edge (using semi truck mud flaps)
    C. Just take off the rubber edge and run bare steel

Problem with C is that I don't wanna damage my drive or anyone else's and it won't flex over bumps well or at all that way. The frame is plenty strong I could run it into a tree if i wanted. I switched the plow to my Wheel Horse because it has lugs which in dry snow the Scag is faster but anything wet or drifted and I need the Wheel Horse. It has quick mount to either one now so I have an option.
    Jerry I do have a sulky can't see it well. thanks, we did get more this am!!!
    Eric

13. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

14. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

whats that for?

15. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

DJH - I feel your pain, wish we had 4" to plow too! Have not plowed over 2 1/2" all season! Heck I would take 1", then I can contribute to the snow piles thread.

Chuck B.

16. Big Nate's Plowing

you know.........whatever works for you

~Nate~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2003
  17. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

It works great thank you. Today I had the pleasure to use a Bob Cat 773 skid steer with a bucket to remove 6" of snow in a parking lot. It was interesting but would be much more effective and effecient with a blade.

18. Big Nate's Plowing

who trusted you with a $10k+ piece of equipment? Thats Scary ::shudder:: :eek:

19. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Hope you're not done shoveling those steps!

20. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

I don't know but it says something about me that they do now huh? Bet no one has loaned you anything worth more than a couple hundred dollars lol btw, not to get off topic here but what is your problem all of a sudden? I get the snow cleared whats your problem? It's not a brand new loaded plowtruck pimped out but it's not a clunker rust bucket that wakes up the whole dang neighborhood either (gee now who do I know with one of those?!?)
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.