1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does diamond make a mount for an 05 ram 2500?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by itr.#1446, Aug 24, 2008.

1. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

I recently sold my 97 ram that had full diamond setup that is in very good condition and wanted to put it on my 05. I have been looking and haven't found anything yet and was wondering if they even made it. I am hoping they do i really don't want to sell my setup and find a new one. If anyone has any info please let me know.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's an older actual Diamond plow, no they don't.

But if the mount is really a Meyer EZ-Classic mount badged as Diamond, then yes. Meyer p/n 17135

3. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

well my a frame for the plow uses 1 inch pins to attach to the mount doesn't the ez classic use a smaller pin?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep. If they're 1" pins you have an actual Diamond built plow. No mount available for the '05.

You could however use an EZ classic mount (which they do make for your application) and modify either the mount to fit the A-frame, or the A-frame to fit the EZ-classic..

5. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

yeah i have the full diamond setup, how hard do you think it would be to make the holes on a classic mount fit the 1" pin? Or could i weld in a collar to down size it? Idk what to do i mean if i could sell the whole setup for a good price i will do it but im not sure many people like diamond for some reason.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its far better and easier to mod the attaching points on the Diamond A-frame than mod the mount. A little cutting/welding and a set of Meyer attaching ears (5/8" pin) and it's on.

7. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

Good point thanks dumb question can you buy new ears from meyer or do i need to make them ?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can purchase just the attaching ears. Meyer p/n: 13011. Not very expensive either.

Or you can make a set as well as they're nothing fancy. Just a piece if 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" solid square bar stock with a 5/8" hole. The factory ones do have a slight bend in them but it isn't necessary for operation.

9. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

now should i cut the existing ears off or should i weld these side by side i dont have the mount for my truck yet so i am gonna wait to see but i was wondering what you think. will it also fit this way or will it be too wide?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your going to need to completely remove the old ears from the A-frame and weld a piece of heavy angle iron across at the rear, (tying the two sides together) in order to lay the new ears onto. This will provide enough surface to weld the new ears to. A piece of 2" X 2" X 5/16" works well.

Just for reference now, the new mounting ears will need to be placed about 23.5" on center.

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

your a freakin plowcyclopedia :dizzy: :salute:

12. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

ok i looked at my a frame today and am not sure if i what to do. the diamond a frame actually holds the pins unlike the meyer where the frame on the truck hold the pins. The a frame has 3 ears next to each other on each side. here is a diagram of what it looks like and let me know what you think.
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/6-125 R.pdf

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right, cut ALL the stock pin ears off the rear of the A-frame. Then weld the Meyer ears on.

14. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

now where should i mount to the L frame that runs across number 14?

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depending on the actual pin hole height of the mount once its on the truck you may be able to lay the new pin ears directly on the angle cross brace (#14). But your going to need to wait until you have the mount on the truck so you can measure for the proper height range so you get the blade attack angle correct. And your shooting for the A-frame to be parallel to the ground when its attached to the truck. If it turns out to be too low (won't be too high I'm sure) you'll need to build the angle cross member up with some stock and then attach the new ears to it.

Once you have all the pieces right there in front of you you'll see how simple it is.

16. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

yeah i am just trying to find an ez classic mount and cannot find one anywhere used i really dont want to buy new yet but i may have to do it. my truck has a 3 inch lift so maybe it wont be too low

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually thats going to make it worse. When I said "low" I meant the plow may be too low, not the mount on the truck. With a 3" suspension lift and 35's you'll need to raise the new pin ears on the crossmember. Almost a guarantee..

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  18. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

oh ok gotcha now

19. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

oh well that sucks but hopefully it wont be too bad my the springs i bought say 3 inch but it seems just as high as a leveling kit but i cant wait to get the mount so i can start working on it and stop thinking about what i have to do lol but thanks for all the help you have been giving me i really appreciate it

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help, and be sure to post a few pics once its done. :salute: