1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mole, Oct 15, 2004.

1. mole

mole Senior Member

put there insurance policy number or there insurer on their contracts?. I have never done this but thought this might be a good idea. Just looking for feedback.
  2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I have not done this. I supply a proof of insurance upon request. I carry a copy of my policy with me in my binder. pumpkin:
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I give them a copy of my insurance binder if they ask.I also keep a copy in my truck when bidding a job in case they ask.

Regards Mike
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Same as Boast Enterpris. If they want a "proof of insurance certificate", it should come directly from the insurance agent. I'd provide her name and company tele #. There'd be no point in my providing anything. But I carry the policy in case they do want to see it and would provide a copy with the bid, if asked. If there was a claim, they would have their lawyer contact you, not the insurance co.; that would be your job. Overall, there would just be no point in putting your insurance policy # on anything.