1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone use the stock michelins?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jerseydrew, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

how are these tires when out in the snow? they were the off road tire option on my new truck.

2. We just went through the winter from hell here in the Boston area where we got 9 feet of snow in a month. My new '15 GMC 2500HD was very impressive with the Michelins.

3. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

I have the Michelin M&S on my 2013 3500 HD DRW. Pesonally, I am not thrilled...not bad but certainly not great. Contrary, I have Firestone Winterforce on my 2500 SRW and they are truly incredible!

4. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Refused to put new tires on a new truck but they will not be on when next winter arrives!!!!!

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why, truck on cinder blocks instead?

6. Don't sell these Michelin ATs short. I've plowed for nearly 35 years with all kinds of tires, both studded and not. These Michelins performed extremely well.

7. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed all winter with them and loaded with salt. Compared to my other trucks that I have switched tires on I'm not impressed

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Junk tires.....

9. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

Mine plowed driveways fine ... plus ride good on the hiway ... I run 45 PSI in summer(front & rear) & 50 PSI in fronts in winter - except when towing my 8500lb boat, then I put in 55-60 psi

sure there are better push snow tires, but for lite duty driveways - no prob - 1 set for all seasons

10. dieselss

If it's on a 3/4 ton....At least 75 psi
    And what's lite duty driveways?

11. 1olddogtwo

The 20in tire has a thick outside shoulder the literally cuts the tires thread in half. The center still has plenty of meat while the shoulders are worn smooth. I could be mistaken, but the 17 and 18in tires don't have this.

Yea, what's a lite duty driveway?

I personal like the the Goodyear AT/S, considering the Dura-trac. Both are overpriced at 300 a tire.

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have a truck that came with a set of Michelin's
    they were the worst tire I have ever used, off of dry pavement.

13. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ I don't put much stock in a MFG orientated site like that one is as the avg truck buyer will never work their truck.

As a a tire for a working plow truck they are a poor choice.

15. dieselss

Mmmmmmm. Maybe a Michelin sponcered forum?

Never said anything about what the tires were for either.
    Still lite duty plowing, still makes no sense.

16. 1olddogtwo

I'll link of a video of my 2011 truck with those tires and you could tell me what you think

17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

MY '15 Ford SD came with Michelins on them and the suck for everything expect for driving on the hi-way. I can't believe they're called all terrain tires.... what a crock.

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my chevy came with at tires from firestone when they run down im gonna put bf goodrich at on there

19. IndySnowJob

IndySnowJob Junior Member
    from Indiana

They are fine on a flat surface. I have a 15 Silverado 4x4 3500 DRW with the Stock Mich MS and a Boss 9'2" DTX. I usually push with a pallet of SW salt in the bed as a ballast (+/- 2500#). One of my properties has a 7 story parking garage that requires the top deck to be plowed. Small snows 2-3" no problem. Anything over that when pushing any quantity of snow in scoop and you are on any kind of horizontal slope and you are going sideways. Easy on the pedal, no forward slip, in 4 high or low...you are going sideways...period. I like others on this thread didn't want to bite the bullet and replace new tires on a new truck. These are coming off the truck this summer/fall.