1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use poly edge on the wings only?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Essential, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Essential

Essential Junior Member

I bought the poly wing edges only because I thought it would tear up less grass. I have the full poly on my other plow and it works great. On my 2nd plow I wanted to get a better scrape with the steel, but the protection of poly so I put it on the wings only. The problem is for some reason the plow JUMPS! whenever it is not on snow or ice. Even today I used it, we got some snow/slush not even an inch....and scraping the slush it was jumping. The wings are at the same level as the steel so thats not the problem. I dont know why it is jumping like this. Ive had the poly wings on since december and I figured they just had to wear in...but now I think there is a definete problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

That's just how they are. When I ran the polar edges any time it was slush or a real lite snow they would chatter and skip.
  3. Essential

Essential Junior Member

Yes but did u use them on wings only? The plow that I have the poly edge on the wings and center does not jump like this.
  4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I ran poly wing edges last year for a month and a half on my 810. We had probably 35", and after the second headlight fell out I put the steel back on. I had a couple big sites, and did some roads too. So I did hit 20-25 mph regularly.
    I was not impressed running just poly wing edges, I think I still have a lose filling.