1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use a wireless backup camera

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mycirus, Dec 10, 2008.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I was at Walmart yeterday and they have one for 98 bucks. Ebay has em even cheaper. Would it be affective? Anyone use one?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I saw them too. For plowing it would suck with snow getting on it. For summer backing up to a trailer would be a good use.
  3. 89smurf

89smurf Junior Member
    from Sask.

My dad uses one for hooking up trailers solo. Works great for that. Not sure how it would like the cold/snow though.
  4. LooseLugNutz

LooseLugNutz Junior Member

I have one on my k2500..I used a third brake light off another truck and hid the camera in it......in a more downwards angle....then mounted it up high center on the back of my truck cap..works good for lingning up with the trailer ball...I imagine it would be good for keeping an eye out while backing but the snow tends to blurr it in the winter...you will have to clean it often
  5. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

sounds like a great idea. my back window in my truck always is fogged and ive backed into a telphone pole ( not fast but bumped my spreader, but no damage.). I also feel like there could be a car that might pull up behind me so it would be useful. But maybe putting some anti freeze on the lenze would work? just a suggestion.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

where did you get wireless camera ?
  7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats what im talking about
  9. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

I move to fast for a camera. It's usually so hot in the cab I keep the back window open. Too dark I have aux lighting. Even with trailers I would find it rare to need one, but I have been backing up to trailer since I was 12. My biggest fear is for a kid to walk behind the truck, but that is because I am a dad. I rather have a tv in the truck for videos.
  10. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I have one but as far as quick plowing,driveways, camera doesn't focus fast enough. It's almost a clear pic and I drop in drive and go back in. Gets dirty real easy. I should wire it to a toggle switch so I could leave it on, not on/off with "reverse".
    As it is, its been helpful a handful of times.