1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone use a rubber cutting edge?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by goodlivin33, Dec 14, 2011.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

i only have used a quad last year to plow walks but found that i was tearing up the grass.. its a four footer and i was thinking about cutting it down to 3 foot and/or adding rubber to the bottom so as not to tear the grass up ....any help would be appreciated...thanks
  2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

rubber works good on push boxes but not sure how well it will work on a plow with out side wings on it like a push box. The rubber has got to be thick so that it does not tear! Ive seen people put pvc on the bottom of the cutting edge. Gotta be carful that the pvc doesnt shatter when its so cold. But thats how we have plowed turf soccer fields before. Go slow
  3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Warn and other outlets do sell composite plow blades (rubber and plastic). I would think it would help a little however if the ground freezes you shouldnt really be tearing things up.
  4. irv

irv Senior Member

might work a while on blacktop. tried one a few years back.wears pretty fast,
    especially on concrete
  5. pjprod

pjprod Junior Member
    from ny

I run a rubber plow edge and i bought if from rubbercal, i bought the 1500 psi. I love it! Especially when i plow long uneven side walks..it glides over it and does a pretty good job of scraping. So far, minimal wear has been noticed. I have spent many times almost going over the handlebars after hitting a sidewalk edge. I have a urethane edge also...and to be honest with you, i like the rubber edge better. Try it...you'll like it! Happy plowing!!
  6. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

give it a few more seasons or so. or mark your driveways with markers. or just go slower and pay attention you can feel when your in the grass