1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone make a taller plow blade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sam973, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sam973

sam973 Member

I run all fisher plows on my trucks, the newest ones being x-blades. With the X-blades the actual blade height is only 29 inches even though they say 31 (31 if you count how the bracing behind the plow sticks up beyond the plow). After another season of big storms the X-blade simply does not throw snow up and out high enough. When the snow gets deep it wants to keep pushing piles instead of throwing it to the side over the berms. I have a couple of older HD series plows with the height extensions and they do a much better job throwing snow to the side but still arent tall enough.
    So the question is, does anyone make an 8 or 8.5 straight plow thats taller? 40 inch ends or entire moldboards would be nice. I know Meyer used to offer this many years ago. It just seems like these newer fishers aren't designed to throw snow up and out to the side high enough. The new v blades by boss and Meyer seem to be moving in the right direction, but what up about straight blades? Is there something custom out there?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thats a lot of blade for 3/4 and ton to push.

ya myers did the tall blades for mc use in 9-10 foot. seen a few on ebay and here in the last few months.

and dont forget fisher has the mc plows for big trucks.

3. sam973

sam973 Member

I have a 9ft MC on my 550, but its only 2 inches taller. its not that big of a difference. Meyer used to have an extra tall 8 footer years ago (my old power rams had them). Just seems like the older plows used to throw back berms better than the new stuff I have today.. As the winter starts to end it just seems like I had much more loader work this year because the new plows couldnt throw snow back curb to curb. I guess I am mostly complaining about the X-blades. The old HD's with the extensions did a better job than them. Anyone else notice this?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

the boss V XT is almost 37 inches tall at the out side edges. i love it and its a great plow i love it!

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You sir, need a Boss V-XT. Throws amazing far, in fact, once the windrows get a little high, I run at speed and up and over it goes. 38" on the 9' 2" model and the poly makes it even slicker.

7. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

3rd on the XTV. Thing throws snow awesome!

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

4th......couldnt ask for anything better.