1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone make a plow cover?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RJC, Aug 2, 2002.

1. My plow is sitting in the driveway, I don't have a place to store it inside. Does anyone know of a cover (like a car cover) for plows? I have a 9'2" Boss V. Thanks, Bob in Ridgeley WV.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I don't know of any cover built for plows. I use a Blue Poly (a light weight plastic tarp).

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I agree with Mick, a Light weight blue poly tarp works just fine!

They are a heck of a lot cheaper that a custom made cover would be.

I would just chain the plow down to some sort of in ground anchor though... we had some people have plows stolen right from their yard because they were in plain site, and not secure.

There are a more than a few dishonest people around , don't ya know!!!!

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well i have and idea on the steeling part .You could get a steel rod and put it thru the ears of the plow drill a hole thru it and pad lock it on both sides.As far a the cover I agree blue poly would work well and be a hell of alot cheaper.

5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

yeah, inch and half rebar is a bear to cut through, but a smart thief has ways around that too.

A hoist in the bed of a truck work's wonders. You still need to anchor it somehow to something solid.

Sono tube full of concrete, with a heavy duty (and I mean heavy duty) EYE bolt with HD chain sounds good to me.

The harder you make it, the less likely it is to have your plow ripped off.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

For stealing - I think somebody else suggested putting heavy duty padlocks (the kind that can't be cut with a hacksaw) through the holes your mounting pins go through.

7. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I know that Curtis makes a cover for their plows.

8. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

We just use Meyers. They aren't worth stealing...

(Although if anyone could hijack a semi load of "C" valves they'd probably be able to peddle em...) :rolleyes:

9. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

HEY!!!! now theres an Idea !!!!!!:D

We shoul all just chain a Meyer's plow to our Fisher, Western, Boss and Curtis plows, then no one would steal them:rolleyes: :D :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  11. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Yeah I never found my plow!

I now keep my new one in the garage at a friends house.

Has any one seen a 8'2" Boss V ?...... Mines still missing.
    :(

12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

i saw one at the big e last year

Fisher had one on a plow at their tent at the Big E last year check with them

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Better yet, just paint your plows yellow and slap a Meyers sticker on the front;)