1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know.........

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowzilla, Nov 26, 2007.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Hey guys, I started a thread earlier and figured I start another for a different problem. My plow will not mount. When i hit the toggle switch (brand new one!) it will not go up, just seems to want to push down. So after cleaning the screens on the 3 valves, I noticed the smart hitch valve did not open and close (spring loaded) like the other 2. It seemed to stay open. Does anyone one know if this valve is spring loaded and should open and close as well? I would hate to shell out 50$ to find out thats not the problem.

2. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Did you turn the controler on and push the down button untill it lit up red?
    There wont be power to the switch on the light tower till you do that.

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Yeah, thats the first thing I checked.

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

The headlight Assembly of the plow wont pull back to the front of your hood? And if its new you shouldnt have a problem calling your dealer and asking some questions, my dealer at least is very friednly and willing to spend some time with me on the phone to trouble shoot every now and then.

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

No its not new, going on its 4 season.

6. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I would check the fluid first. Then your connections it was very dry and dusty the summer.
    My Boss would go up because there was not enough fluid in it.