1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have this led bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by scottcoda, Nov 15, 2007.

1. scottcoda

scottcoda Junior Member

2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Before I dropped the money on that Sho-Me bar in the eBay auction I would order a new Whelen Guardian LED. You can buy the CON3 model for about the same price and it has much, much better light output (and yes I have seen the two side by side).

The Sho-Me is cheap, Generation 1 LED's. This is old technology as compared to the Generation 3 LED's in the Whelen bar.

The best price I could find on the net in a quick search on the Whelen Responder was $263. I can buy them locally for $239 so I have to believe there is better pricing on the net.

Here is a picture:[​IMG]

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Get the newer version of this lightbar. I am 99.9% sure it has the upgraded leds in it. And it is brighter than the older model.
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Show me does make a lightbar with Gen 3 LED's in the same housing as the one shown in the eBay auciton.

Here is a photo:

It is a nice light as far as output and is miles above the Gen 1 LED version but the downfall is price. They are selling right around $400 and IMO if you are willing to spend $400 there are better mini LED lightbars for that price range. My preference would be the Linear Whelen Responder (around $350) or a Federal Signal LED Highlighter (around $400) is another good choice.
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

6. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

I bought a sho me and what sold me on it was that it was cheaper, slim so if there are low clerances the light wont hit, and it will get the job done the same way that some of the gen 3 ones will. The thing that i did like about the gen 3 ones were the stobes, it was 200 more than my sho me and for about 300 i could put strobes in my lights.
  7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah .. i just bought one . 2 weeks ago .... and im willing to sell it for $200 ..... w / rubber magnets.. check my thread in the for sale forum .. its a good light for the money ...
  8. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

There a good light, but like Eclipse it has gen 1 leds. The new style sho me bar is more spendy. I haven't seen the whelen bar, but im sure its like most whelen products and a great bar. Thoes FS led highlighters are a nice little bar, I think they want too much money for it and then you have to use a special magnet to change the patterns on the bar which kind of sucks.
  9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yes and they work great. I have an extra on hand if you want it.