1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have pictures of the push plate mount on a new f150?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Robber80, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

I just bought a 2006 f150 and want to see what the blizzard push plates (truck mount) will look like on a f150 or expedition, the newer style. Thank you!

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Robert, they are two side of frame hanger plates that bolt on each side with 3 bolts and then a push beam. Sorry I don't have a good adobe pict link of the plate picts. You need a special light adapter for the ends of the wiring harness unless you have one of last years plows then they have the adapters built in. Used frames are about $250 and new are $500 and in stock. Jerre

3. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

oh actually i've installed this kit on a chevy 3500 before, but i'm just curious of how the finished product looks (just the push plates, without the plow) on a 04-06 f150 or expedition. I just want to see how noticeable it is. thank you for the info though!

4. Jerre Heyer

Noticable, the plates stick 6" below the bumper with the push beam off
    Jerre

5. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

well i was asking because it looks fine on the chevy 3500, but i've seen it on a f350 and it seems to look very very low compared to the chevy. what i mean is, the hole blizzard bracket can be seen on the ford. on the chevy its a lot less noticable.

Anyway. i was also wondering where people where buying these plows. I'm looking for good prices. thank you.

6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

The truck side mount needs to be adjusted based on the heoght from the ground to gain the proper attack angle. Therefore, if the truck sits higher than the plow mount will be lower and you will see MORE of the mount.

Now if you want something that is hardly noticable in the off season that you NEED to go with a Western ULTRA mount as you can remove the plow pick ups the extend below the bumper and you will hardly notice the plow mount at all. In return you for looks you give up 30% and more in production.

So if looks if more important that getting the job done fast and doing more jobs Western is the way to go.

People are buying this plows because they are the BEST full containment plow, best scraping, most versital, and highest production plow available to commercial plow operators. Everything mentioned leads to cost savings for the operator resulting in high profit margins. Yes, the Blizzard could be as high as $1,000. more than any other plow BUT where esle can you invest just $1,000.00 more and increase your over all production but at least 30% not just in the first season but for ech and every season you own that plow??????

Good luck,

Cimg0310.jpg

7. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

Thank you, I think i'm going to go with the 760SW for my F150. Do you guys know how hard it is to pin the wings back?

8. truckie36

truckie36 Member

9. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

easy angle right pin it angle left pin it. easy.

jeff

10. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

Thanks Jeff, thats what i was wondering.

truckie, i replied to your old post asking if you have any pictures of the font of the expedition without the plow on it, that way i can see the push plates and how they look. Thank you again, the pictures are awsome.

11. truckie36

truckie36 Member

I have about 9.5 inches of clearance and I tucked the bumper cover rather than cut it.

PICT0040.JPG

PICT0041.JPG

12. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

Thank you for the pictures, those are exactly what i wanted. The push plates look pretty good on the expedition. They are tucked up kinda nice, esepcially compared to the Superduty.

13. Jerre Heyer

Well Rob should be able to post some picts of his mount plates and push beam when he gets back to Vermont. He's hauling back a 760 SW and a skidsteer this afternoon. Thanks for making the trip down. Don't forget to get some sleep when you get back.

Jerre

14. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

Yes, I will have to post pictures. I drove overnight 9 hours to meet Jerre at his shop saturday morning. He installed the plow on my truck like a pro. He didn't leave any details out. Thanks again Jerre, if i end up getting more buisness and buy another truck, i'll be driving down for another plow!

I'll post some pictures of the truck with and without the plow hooked up.

15. JWarren

JWarren Junior Member

Installation / System Purchases Question

Do blizzard 760SW's require installation or can setup be bought and self installed?

Do I have to buy it from someone as installed package or can I by it and install it myself.

Very difficult? I would consider myself pretty handy and mechanical as far as assembly and repair of machinery and fabrication tasks.

16. truckie36

truckie36 Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=29889

It's not overly difficult, but it will take you longer than a dealer as it's your first one.

I would have to say that it was easier than the Fisher Minute Mount that I put on our '92 F150.

Having a hoist doesn’t hurt either.:)

17. JWarren

JWarren Junior Member

Thanks. Now I called some places and got prices. From what I can gauge the 450-550 to install this might seem worth it. Some places tell me to go without SW and use 760LT and it saves me almost 1000 dollars.

I have a 2004 F150 FX4 SuperCrew - New Body Style

Case in point. 1 Location said 760Sw is 4395 installed w/timbrens or 760LT was 3490 installed w/ timbrens. I can deduct installation on those as follows -505 for SW and -475 for LT. I understand there is some extra work on wings.

What will the wings do for me ? Are the worth the money and extra weight? I have never own any other plows except BOSS 6 Way on a Ford 1990 F350 Mason Dump several years ago. My undertsanding is wings keep snow pushed into center and does not let it fall off the edge as easily. But I want to be sure I am not missing something bigger.

Any advise is appreciated

18. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Wings will save you a lot of time.
    One long driveway that I plow took 5 to 6 passes with the 7'6" Fisher. Now I can do it in 3. payup

19. JWarren

JWarren Junior Member

Thanks for the input I appreciate the real world advice.

Where in Upstate NY are you? I am northeast of Rochester just barely into Wayne County.

20. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Washington County (about 50 miles north of Albany).