1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have any idea how to install pro wing plow extensions???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jjguillette, Oct 31, 2011.

1. jjguillette

jjguillette Junior Member
    from Dayton

i have fisher 8 ft fisher mm 1 plow and i have these extensions and there is no instructionsi have a drw cummins and 8 ft just isnt cutting it if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated:eek:

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

3. jjguillette

from Dayton

thanks

ussmileyflagthank u so much !!! i have looked everywhere u r the man

4. jjguillette

from Dayton

have u ever seen them used or if they r any good? the rubber looks like it might wear away pretty quick

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

unless you are doing resis, they are very good. The rubber usually lasts 2 years - then find someone with a gravel pit and get some conveyer belt from them.

The only thing we did was weld the brackets on the plow, instead of bolting them on.

6. jjguillette

from Dayton

thanks goel i think that might be easier Thumbs Up

7. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Use the search function for more info on pro wings. There are a lot of guys on here that use them. Every plow in my fleet has them.

Like Goel, I can get 2-3 years out of the rubber depending on how much curb rubbing they do.

8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^ Smart man running all wings

9. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

I have been careful to stay off the curbs, just so I don't wear the rubber out too fast. I welded the tabs to my blade instead of bolting them. It was a lot easier than trying to drill through the outermost rib and I think its more solid. Working by myself and getting everything lined up before tacking them in place was the only tough part.