1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have a wide out on their 2500?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EquityGreen, Oct 3, 2011.

1. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

I want to put a wide out on my 05 gmc 2500hd but they said it was a bit heavy. Just wondering if any of you have this on there trucks with a timberin kit. Thanks!

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have one on my 3/4 ton but it's a Dodge so if I were you I'd be more concerned about not having enough power to push a plow of that size around a parking lot. JD Dave had to stick $50k into his Chevy motor just to get it to the point of where it could compete with my stock truck. Just sayin'

3. XtremeSnowPros

XtremeSnowPros Member

I have one on my 2003 2500hd with timbrens and 1.5 tornado salter on the rear for 2 years without a problem. We love the set up. I did have to go up a size up on the tires for added clearance.

4. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

I forgot to mention its a duramax

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The OP opened the door, I just walked through it :waving:

7. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Guy up here runs a XLS on his 2500, I have a 9.6 V on mine but haven't used it yet.

8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

:drinkup::drinkup: :laughing:

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:...So,im assuming your Dodge has a "Cummins" and all the "Mods" and a Super Duper 6000 Tranny and Neon and all that "Cool" stuff....:eek:

10. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Get it right, its cumminGs lmao

12. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Commins Cumminns ,Comminns

Cummings Cummins

CUMMONS

Cummans

Pick your posion:drinkup::laughing::laughing:

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd rather spend 50k on my motor then have a herniated disc from riding in a Dodge.

14. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

im getting one for my 2011 hd 2500. ill post an update

15. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I knew it was headed there at some point!!:laughing:

I have a buddy who has one on a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Short Box with a Duramax. He loves it, says he will never go back to a stright blade.

16. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

Has he done anything to the front end like new shocks timbrens withstand Amyhing like that? I have a reg cab long box. It's my pimp work truck so I don't want to mess it up with a bigger plow than it can handle. I appreciate your feedback!

17. the snowman

the snowman Junior Member

wideout on a 2500HD

I had a wideout installed on my 2500 HD with the 6.0 and the allison 6 speed trans. With 2000 weight in the back it will go through anything. I,ve got straight blades, Boss V blade
    9'2" and the wideout is by far the best. I did have the struts changed to raise up the front end to level out. Doesn't change your ride this way.

18. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

No, he runs what GM gave him. Just cranks his T-Bars up and lets it roll. Runs 285 tires to get a little more clearance than stock.

Not an option, did you mean 6.6 or 8.1 for the motor or did you mean 4L80E for the transmission?

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I run an 810 Blizzard on my 09 CCSB Duramax. I have the torsion bars turned up 4 turns, timbrens and the gussets welded in. No problems so far but then again I plow like I'm an O/O. We also have a Boss 9'2" poly VXT on a 2500 RCLB duramx 2007 and a Western 8'6" MVP Plus with wings on a 07 3500 RC with a 8' dump box. No repairs on anything.

20. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

It's a 6.6 duramax with Allison tranny 4800 lb front Axel. The wideout is approx 995 lbs. I just don't want to damage my truck for a plow I don't need. I'm running a plow now that's 750lbs and technically that's overweight. The diesel motor in my truck is 600 lbs more than the gassers