1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone else have this problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by perfect storm, Jan 25, 2007.

1. perfect storm

perfect storm Junior Member

I have an 05 2500 HD with 7.5 ft fisher . when driving down the road with the blade up I get so much spray it totally covers my side windows. It is so bad that I have to stop and clean them at every account . I used the same blade on my 98 and didnt have the problem .

I assume because the 05 is 3 inches wider than the 98 I am experiencing this problem . Im wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and what did you do .

thanks

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would get a set of those vent shade things that go on top of the windows. I have them on my 2000 and it keeps them pretty much clean. They are cheap and you can probably get them at any auto parts store, tractor supply, or even wal-mart

3. perfect storm

perfect storm Junior Member

I guess its not a huge problem .:)

thanks for the reply Thermos . I will give that a try . i did have them on my 98

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Your are most welcome. I like them also because you can crack the window for some fresh air and snow/rain doesnt come in. Plus I think it makes the truck look neater

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Having them Problem on our
    99 GMC with a 8 foot fisher mm1.

both side windows just get covered so bad, and what makes it worse is opening them then closing them. The truck had mud flaps all around, so today we moved the front ones out more, to see if that fixes it. It already has the window visor things on it. Might try switching the mud flaps from this truck which are after market ones, with ones from another truck that are gm style flaps, and see if that works too.

6. doh

doh Senior Member

I have vent visors and no problems, but thats on a GMT 400 series.

What does kind of bug me is the bug deflector, specially at highway speeds. It acts like it is going to rip right off.

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I took my bug deflector off. When I did, there were little small rust spots on the bottom part of the hood:realmad: I think they are bad, but thats just me

8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The bug deflector on the truck basically broke off, it was damaged when we bought the truck, truck didn't have a plow, not that that affects it, but it broke enough that I ripped it off, no rust makes, but you can see a slight color difference in the white were the bug defector was mounting, three points on front of hood.