1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone do JUST snowblowing driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by K20Fisher, Mar 16, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Does and one do just snowblowing driveway wand how many do you do.

2. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

sorry i ment and

3. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

When I was 14-16 (about 12 years ago) I had 26 drives my dad and i did with a 5hp and a 12hp machines. We pulled them on a trailer behind my dads taurus wagon and kept up with the storm every 3-7 inches we would hit all properties. It usually turned out that by the time we were done with the last property the 1st one had at least 3" on it.

It was fun, a good money maker but every storm would turn to rain those years and we got sick of snowblowing 26 driveways in the rain! We had waterproof gear and all but still just not as much fun as if it was just snowing.

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I do about 15

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i know someone who does just snowblowing drives. he does about 20 of them but he waits till the storm is over.

6. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes I know its a picture thread just put it here encase anyone wants to put a pic. The reason I am asking is because A friend of mine {21} is going to do some drives with a tractor a blower in his dads trailer park and if I can get a tractor and blower like a 2305 I am going to do it with him and park it a at his dads house because theres like 200 houses.

7. M&P

M&P Junior Member

yea i do pretty much just driveways right now, me and my buddy do about 30 driveways a storm, with two snowblowers

8. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

nice we will have an advantage store the equipment on site.

9. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

About 30

My partner and I do about 30 drive a storm, all with 2 snowblowers. The customers are willing to pay more for the snowblower use, and all of my contacts come from word of mouth. I had to turn so many people away this year, all because we became the guy that don't mess up your yard, and are always there.

10. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am pushing well over a hunderd. Won't say exact though! I run 2 new holland utility tractors with front mount blowers, 2 toro snwo throwers and 2 honda's and a few shovels. If it is wet heavy early spring snow, blowers will plug up so then I pull in the skid or a truck and plow.

11. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

jvm81 do you carrie the blowers and shoves with you how can you post pics because i might do about 75 next winter and i am looking for a way to carry them.

12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

WOW!!!! im blown away here. i seen the subject and oped it thinking that i was gonna see a bunch of guys saying this is plow site not snowblower sit or giving this guy a hard time. i have never personally seen anybody drive around and snow blow drive ways in my area. personally i would think that it would be more of a pain to snow blow driveways than it would be to just buy a plow. this is totally new to me, good for you guys:salute:

13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Yeah thats what I thought too. Never expected to hear 25+ drives per storm. I have seen them out there covered with snow and one problem is they blend in with the snow and some day someone or a snow covered car/trailer is going to get hit by a plow truck. Like the idiot parents that let their kids make forts and tunnels and play in the snowbanks, it is just a matter of time...

14. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

x2 on the kids building forts at the curb. just last fall i was driving down a side street 2 lanes wide and another car was heading towards me. there was a box in the street i was going to just drop and angle my blade and keep going. A KIDS HEAD POPPED UP OUT OF THE BOX!!!! i slammed on the brakes and went up front lawn. the kids parentes came out yelling at me for driving like an idiot( going up a lawn) i grabbed the father and screamed at him that i went up the lawn so i didnt hit there kid that was playing in the street in a box that i almost ran over!! need less to say they changed ther tune grabbed the kid and went back in the house

15. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

THAT SOUNDS the parents had a change of mind.

16. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I run a Kubota simliar is size to what you are talking about. I have a front mount 50" blower for it. I do City sidewalks not drives but my ideas will apply to you.

Do what you have to do to get the houses all in one neighborhood. Very productive if you can just drive to the next one. I would get a back blade on it for the lighter snows. Pull the snow into the street and then blow it back into the yard. You don't have to run the back blade all the time. By black blade I mean a 3-point hitch blade.

I see the tractor in your avitar has a weight box on the back. I have my tires filled with beat juice extract. It was done at the dealier. Very heavy and eliminates the weight box.

I have ran my Kubota blower for 4 years now. I have to do the math on how many hours of run time it has on it. I would guess between 250 & 300 hours. With all the repairs, it is finally going to the great snow blower in the sky. I will get a new one next year.

Not sure about JD blower. I added steel supports to all four corners back to the mount to keep if from twisting. Keep an eye on the cutting edges they wear out with time and down force. And for God sake, shut it off before you stick your hand down the shoot to clean out the clog.

Good Luck

17. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

quadplower do you have any pics

18. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

SnowBlower003.jpg

There yea go.

SnowBlower003.jpg

19. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member