1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anybody plow with tracks on there ATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Dec 1, 2008.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking about buying tracks but they are so expensive.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I was thinking about getting them. they would be awesome in the snow. but I think way way too high for a plow.

3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Not sure I have seen a tracked ATV with a plow! Most plows I have seen require an adapter for the mount if you run tracks.

4. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

tracks would be fun for riding through deep snow but not a good idea for plowing they make the atv sit very high, makes fior a much wider turning radius and tracks get packed with snow and if let sit they will freeze up. and it doesnt matter how much power you have you will just tear the tracks up if you try and move you have to thaw them out first. plus they cost so much money

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Steering at those slow speeds would be a pain too!!

6. bigdoug

bigdoug Member
    from NE Ohio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZmqZhJkuU

7. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Bigdoug, Wow look like it pushes better than my truck ! !

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I've seen that video before.

9. bigdoug

bigdoug Member
    from NE Ohio

Deep snow and lots of fun...lol

Doug

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

11. mrplowatv

mrplowatv Junior Member

That's fricken awesome!!!!!!!!

12. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Not sure on the tracked ATV's, but my business associate built this tracked Mini with a plow which had VERY impressive pushing abilities. This truck had a 4" full suspension lift. I can tell you that Black Line plows have enough adjustment on them to allow for tracks (extra height).

This thing could go just about anywhere!!!

[​IMG]

13. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

two words big doug, RIDE RED lol

14. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

that plow with tracks sure leaves a heckuva lotta snow behind...not heavy enough i guess...but she seems to go pretty good....maybe when i win the lottery i'll try it out..haha

15. rlinhart

rlinhart Junior Member
    from idaho

I run a 2006 Polaris 700 with Polaris Prospector tracks and a 60" Moose Country plow. I had to cut the push tubes and sleeve them to make them long enough to clear the tracks. I can easily push 12-16 inches of snow and snow never gets caught in the tracks. This set up will easily out plow my rig with tires and chains!! I plow about 1 1/2 miles of private road. This set up is much faster than my Cat 236 skidsteer with my 6' blower. I will run the cat and blower when the road starts to get bermed in. Last year we had about 200" of snow here in Idaho.

IMGP0341.jpg

IMGP0339.jpg

16. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

Mercer,

I just installed tracks on my Daihatsu minitruck. I don't have any intentions of putting a plow on it but I can tell you it is very capable in the snow. I would worry about plowing small areas as the tracks have a huge turning radius.

If you want to come down and take a look, I'm in Denmark. I also paid $3700 for these delivered which is a lot less expensive than the Mattracks and they don't require any modifications to the truck. But it does provide several more inches of ground clearance.

[​IMG]